How To Become A Confident Karaoke Singer
Singing in front of a crowd can sometimes give us a withdrawn feeling of anxiety. It’s an avoidable situation, especially to karaoke virgins.
Stage fright is experienced by everybody, and we have to overcome it once in our lifetime. It takes courage to face your fear but it really helps a lot in shaping your personality. And when it comes to karaoke singing, you should have the guts to sing your heart out and enjoy! Don’t let your knees go weak. Find out how you can actually croon the confidence within yourself with these practical guidelines.
Choose songs that are within your range and style. Picking your favorite song is an intelligent choice, and most probably the safest point to start with. If your voice is low, do not force to sing high-pitched songs or you might just strain your voice. Stay on your comfort zone and practice it consistently. Once you carry the tunes out perfectly, you can graduallyadjust your voice to try other types of song.
Practice constantly. Make practicing at home a habit. If you want to build confidence in your singing, you have to spend time practicing your songs enthusiastically. The more you practice, the more chance you will get better and better. There is a lot of room for improvement and learning is a never-ending process. If you really want to succeed, then you should strive for it. Have the winning spirit!
Have a valuable investment. The key towards a successful confidence build-up is having a portable companion which will support your regular practice. Owning a portable videoke device or home entertainment system will surely put your singing endowment in a dynamic passion. You can have all the time to practice singing. This is definitely a wise investment if you are readily determined to earn your karaoke buddies’ approval.
Record your performance. Having a record of your own singing performance is a great help to assess your present condition. As you hear your voice, you will find out what is missing and what to improve. You can also honestly judge the result of your perseverance. That way, you can freely explore your singing avenue. Many portable karaoke devices already have this feature built-in.
Have a cheerful spirit. Before you start singing, you have to free yourself from tension. Take a deep breath and settle down in order to execute your performance effectively. Singing in a bathroom gives a more confident feeling because you can do whatever you like without being too conscious of your movements. But singing in public gives you uneasiness. You fear how other people will respond to your presentation. Smile and relax, be a cheerful singer. If they find that you enjoy it, you will feel comfortable and pleased.
Give it your all. Karaoke singing doesn’t call for a perfect performance at all. It’s about fun and having a great time with friends and family that offers upbeat entertainment. When singing in front of your audience, make a connection. Establish eye contacts and feel the song. Mean what you say by putting heartfelt emotions. It is also an ideal choice to prefer songs which are familiar to the audience, so that they can sing along with you. That way, you will feel less nervous. Set a positive outlook and always give your best shot!
Finally, have fun! Karaoke singing is all about fun and enjoyment. You sing because you want to feel relaxed and happy. This engaging activity provides a fun atmosphere and amusing camaraderie which let you shine in a moment. Don’t feel upset if you think your performance is a flawed, just smile and be confident.
With these things in mind, you’re all set to head off to a home karaoke get-together. Pour out your soul and have a good time!
What Kind Of Karaoke Singer Are You?
In every karaoke sing-along, there is a bunch of karaoke singers portraying different characters. It’s not only the song, the food, and the place that gives out the utmost singing experience but also the people involved in it. Videoke singing is a simple yet fulfilling activity that lets us discover our personal singing nature. Check out this interesting list of karaoke personalities and find out where you suitably fit in!
- The Passionate Diva. Are you the kind of singer who possesses (or feels to possess) a powerful singing range and ground-shaking voice intensity? The choice of your songs definitely falls on high-pitched song selections. Well, no doubt that you are a certified videoke diva! This category is being dominated mostly by females who love to belt out songs at the top of their lungs. Although some of them find it hard to make it; still, they preferred to sing and try to reach those shrill notes as far as they could. Self-confidence should be very high for this type.
- The Bubbly Pop Idol. The current trend of karaoke singers is hooked on this category. If you like fast and energetic songs, the kinds that are on the charts, then you belong here. You feel the rhythm of the song as you graciously dance with the beat and move around. You prefer songs, which stir up an upbeat mood and playful atmosphere.
- The Apparent Switcher. This type of character doesn’t have the powerful voice like the passionate diva but can smoothly sing cheerful pop songs. The thing is, you prefer songs that are opposite to your sexual category. Karaoke singers who like to gender-bend usually has valid reasons that have to do so. Possibly, you are a woman with a low voice, or a guy who finds comfort in singing womanly melodies because of your pitchy tone.
- The Blazing Rock Star. Most young male karaoke singers rule this genre. Your much loved songs came from various rock and alternative bands. You are hailed as the group’s emotional chum that loves to play strong rhythmic songs and experiment on your voice avenue. Others may find it rowdy and deafening, but that’s your comfort zone where you can identify with. So, you will still continue to rock n’ roll!
- The Ultimate Big Fan. Most of us do have our favorite karaoke song which we can mark as our “signature” song. You are a karaoke buff with a huge respect and admiration towards a particular artist that is certainly evident during karaoke gatherings. You simply cannot resist the joy of singing the compilation of songs of your favorite singing star over and over again.
- The Classic Junkie. The classic junkie is somehow identical with the ultimate big fan type of karaoke singers. The difference lies on the choice of music. As a classic aficionado singer, you have a profound attachment on classic songs. You prefer these songs to the others since it gives you a more soothing emotional release. People in this category are usually more mature. But today, even the younger generation appreciates this type of music through karaoke singing.
- The Karaoke Virgin. All of today’s videoke enthusiasts where once karaoke virgins. Being a karaoke virgin, you are afraid to sing in front of people. Your friends usually dragged you up to the microphone; still, you’re hesitant to give it a try. You prefer to sing on your own or rather stand as an expectant audience. You don’t want to be involved in the actual singing activity but you are fond of watching people having fun with it. You simply find pleasure in a videoke get-together without singing at all.
- The Experienced Veteran. You are always present in all karaoke gathering stations. You find it as the most pleasurable form of entertainment that fulfills your singing aspiration and lifestyle enjoyment. You typically know the very nature of videoke singing. You have extensive song preferences and are familiar with most songs. You absolutely don’t show any timid behavior and get hold of the microphone whenever there is an opportunity to do so. You never get tired of singing!
- The “KJ” Buff. KJ simply denotes karaoke jockey (KJ), the one who usually stand as the host or emcee running the videoke show. Being the party KJ, you are happy to be a recognized star, your absence seems to create a big difference. You perhaps acquired a good singing ability and at the same time know how to spur the crowd’s upbeat mood. You are also able hone your hosting craft and enhance your videoke know-how.
- The Drunken Performer. If you are the kind of karaoke singer that needs to drink a beer in order to have the guts to sing well, then definitely you fall in this “intoxicated performer” category. You usually don’t have the courage to grab the microphone and you play a reluctant attitude. But once you loosen yourself up (with the help of alcohol), you turn into an active performer. You win the crowd’s applause, as well as their attention. Just make sure you don’t mess up or else the show might end badly.
So, you already identified your videoke personality. In spite of these existing differences, one thing is for sure – karaoke singing is all about fun, togetherness and wholesome enjoyment. So grab your microphone, key in your favorite song, and unleash your vocal prowess!
Why Singing Is Good for One's Health
Singing as one of the most ideal forms of entertainment significantly contributes to the totality of a person’s wellbeing.
Aside from providing the pleasure and winning the crowd’s approval, singing is definitely a healthy and engaging activity. Learn more how this favorable enjoyment endows life with an added zest!
Singing promotes happiness. Every time we sing, it gives us an elated feeling of happiness. In addition, singing releases endorphins, the pain and stress-relieving hormones that gives us a euphoric state of mind. With high endorphin levels, there will be reduce feelings of pain and the negative effects of stress will be lessened. When we feel down or burdened with difficulties, or simply in the midst of heartache blues, singing is a great means to release those emotional loads.
Singing perks up an upbeat atmosphere! The bond with friends and family during videoke gatherings uplift our spirits into more positive, energized outlook. Not only do you have the chance to croon out your winning piece of songs, you can also encourage everyone to sing with you. Singing definitely improves one’s mood. When you hold the microphone and get to groove with the music, you can surely create a contagious motivating environment where everybody is having an all out performance!
Singing strengthens immunity. Singing may bolster the immune system. You heard it right! Once engaged into a relaxing activity like singing, the body positively responds, since there is an increase concentration of immunoglobin A (antibodies) and hydrocortisone (anti-stress hormone) in the bloodstream. Healthy levels of these components animate the body, mind and spirit, resulting into a more active lifestyle. So sing your heart out into a burst of increased immunity and stress free way!
Singing enhances competence. Aside for being an effective emotional therapy, singing increases physical capacity too. It aids lung development and strengthening. Daily singing routine exercises your lungs to take in more air and hold it longer. It is an ideal activity to increase your lung capacity and control breathing effectively. Moreover, frequent singing shapes your social competency. It boosts self-confidence, composure, and skills. As a great way of bringing people together, it simply creates a dynamic social connection that enriches our personality and rapport. What an ageless enjoyment!
Singing boosts intelligence. Singing is also a great way of enhancing brainpower! How? Regular singing activity refines your intelligence as it strengthens your memory and communication skills. When you sing, you carefully pronounce the lyrics in accordance with the beat. Not only are you enthused to mimic the performance of the artist, but you are also broadening your vocabulary. There are words that you encounter which are new to your sense and it gradually turns your keenness to look for the meaning and expound your understanding. Engaging in singing is indeed a smart choice!
So better be active to set those vocal chords, and sing towards a healthy, joyful life!
Helping The Pinoy Music Industry In Your Own Little Ways
Pinoy performers spend much of their time in crafting pieces of songs that will truly inspire their fellow men and enrich the Philippine music library. Their exceptional talents are Filipinos’ pride. Music is their lifeline, so they must be rewarded for the works of art that they make. You can absolutely do the right thing and take these steps to further uplift the Philippine music industry.
Go for the original. Piracy is an alarming illegal practice in the Philippines. As consumers, the best thing that we could do is to give our sincerest support through buying original CDs and music video recordings of local artists. Nowadays, the web has put more pressure on the music industry since people can easily access songs by means of downloading and file sharing. Illicit practice of these activities threatens the thriving music industry. Despite the insistent campaign against piracy by the government, it would never be a resounding success unless we are going to support it wholeheartedly. It’s our choice to make a change.
Practice music loyalty. Concerts, mall shows, international tours, show guestings and any other forms of public exposures are among the means of music artists to earn a living. In that case, what we can do is to support these sustaining activities in order to keep the industry on fire. Musical programs and other entertainment shows should be given viewing significance. In-house radio stations that play local songs more often than foreign ones are much commendable to listen to. Aside from fulfilling your musical desires, you can also feel a hearty sense of pride.
Maximize your connection. The boom of the internet greatly contributes to sudden downturn in the music industry. But this digital innovation can have a reverse effect. How? Make use of the internet as a powerful tool to promote and strengthen the campaign against rampant copyright infringement. You can also write something about our local artists or their songs thru blogs and social networking sites. Create topics or posts that can draw massive attention or encourage user discussion streams. Whether they criticize or praise, somehow you stand out for something you believe in. Connect and gain advantage on the online scene!
Buy licensed products. The bliss of singing is also achieved thru various entertainment tools such as videoke and portable karaoke devices. These singing equipments have numerous built-in songs, both foreign and local. Licensed products of this kind really show enormous support for Pinoy music artists as they give royalty fees for their work. Isn’t it more valuable to purchase a licensed product? Not only can you have an utmost singing rendezvous, but you’re also helping the music industry prosper as well.
As Filipinos, patronizing and supporting our local talents should be a main concern. Indeed, we are pretty much amazed and become avid fans of foreign singers. Despite this fondness, we should also put our artists on top of the local music scene together with their works of art. Actions, no matter how small it is, could positively go a long way.
Let us support the Pinoy music artists! Let us move together to strengthen the Philippine music industry!
Why Filipinos Love Karaoke So Much?
Karaoke is the most common interactive form of entertainment that everybody loves to be engaged with. People from different walks of life cannot resist the fun and enjoyment it brings, making every celebration more lively and fun! It seems not to be totally blissful at all without the sound of music from home karaoke to complement the gathering.
To touch on its impressive history a bit, the word ‘karaoke’ comes from Japanese mixed words ‘kara’, which denotes empty, and ‘oke’ (short for okesutora), meaning orchestra. In 1970s, a singer named Daisuke Inoue, who performed in a coffee shop received lots of requests to lend his recordings so that people could sing along with them. Inoue realized that he could make money out of this endeavor and invented a tape recorder that played a song and charge a fee worth 100-yen. This marks the advent of karaoke machine. Although the cost was too high at that point in time, it was gradually accepted into the mainstream, and Inoue received the Nobel Prize award for his invention in 2004.
It started out as a simple fad where amateur singers sing along recorded music while holding a microphone, following the words viewed on a video screen, guided accordingly with moving symbol or changing colors. Eventually, the trend stimulates the innate passion of people towards singing, not only in Japan but also throughout the world and spread like wildfire. The term ‘karaoke’ has been widely accepted and even goes beyond every culture.
The fancy idea of karaoke leads to the conception and manufacturing of different home karaoke machines to support the growing demand of the music equipment. Stylish karaok e microphone system set-up and refined portable karaoke models are now available in the market. Nowadays, the gist of having a portable karaoke machine in every home serves as an avenue for entertainment. It attracts different type of crowds, people from all age demographics. Indeed, a device which can fire up every celebration.
We simply love karaoke for so many reasons. It adds an extra special touch to birthday parties, anniversaries, family and friend reunions, and any other sort of gatherings. This is the best way to have people come together and have fun! For busy people, this is a great time to unwind after a hard day work, as it induces a night of enjoyment and relaxation. The joy of videoke sessions builds a fascinating party atmosphere!
Karaoke is a creative activity. Aside from getting everybody involved in it, it is also a fantastic form of ice breaker.
Contests can be held, such as videoke challenge, or the search for the best song rendition and performance, or maybe an on the spot impromptu concert for someone who really can’t get off the karaoke mic on his hand. A perfect idea to liven up the moment, isn’t it?
In addition, karaoke enthusiasts also find it ideal for romantic occasions, too. Weddings, anniversaries, and engagement parties do have videoke-packed celebrations. You can even make an effort to plan a karaoke date with your special someone, as long as both of you are karaoke junkies as well. Karaoke could also be a perfect instance to catch up with friends and enjoy karaoke goodness while sharing stories. In case of a somber situation, karaoke singing are also preferred to cure heartache blues, an effective mechanism to release emotions. Singing is a great way to serene and elevate lethargic mood. So better shift your downhearted frame of mind to the right melody that goes well with your condition.
With the aid of modern technology, videoke devices are even more advanced, containing special features for added value entertainment. You will never be left behind since portable videoke devices offer new song chips for latest song updates, which contains additional videos. Children, teenagers and adults can now find pleasure in singing and dancing. They can practice anytime and feel like the star of the moment within the comforts of their own home. This fulfillment makes portable karaoke a perfect birthday gift or holiday present.
The next time you attend an event where karaoke singing is visible, don’t just stand there and remain as one of the expectant audience, rather take the opportunity to grab the mic, let your voice be heard even just for a while and be one of the true karaoke aficionados!